Eugonia is one of the most successful IVF units worldwide with a series of international accomplishments.
• High pregnancy rates which compete the best internationally
88% per blastocyst transferred, for women below 35 years old
• Innovative treatment of severe Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
The scientific team of Eugonia has developed a innovative treatment for severe Ovarian Hypertimulation Syndrome, eliminating the risk of complications (according to 5 published studies of our team). This treatment has been established internationally as the tertiary level for the management of OHSS, and is considered as the only available treatment of the syndrome worldwide.
• The international scientific organization FACULTY OF 1000 MEDICINE has positively assessed a published study of the centre.
The international scientific organization FACULTY of 1000 MEDICINE, which reviews clinical studies, has positively assessed a published study of our team.
• Special mention by the Editor of Human Reproduction
Our study regarding the best ovarian stimulation protocol, had a special mention by the Editor of the journal Human Reproduction.
• A clinical study of our team has been nominated for international award
Our clinical research for the assessment of the embryos' metabolomics, which was presented in the annual congress of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) in Stockholm (3-6 of July 2011), was chosen by the scientific committee of the congress, as candidate for the Fertility Society of Australia Award.
• We achieved pregnancies using cryopreserved oocytes
We successfully achieved pregnancies and live births following fertilization of oocytes that had been cryopreserved with vitrification.
• Successful pregnancies and live births of healthy babies using Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
• We published the largest studies in the medical literature worldwide
Our team has published two of the largest studies (regarding the number of patients included) in the international bibliography, with regards to the new ovarian stimulation treatment for women with poor response and polycystic ovaries.
There is detailed report of 2 studies of our team in the journal of Human Reproduction.
• The first twins in Greece born by a paraplegic man
The first twins born by a paraplegic man were "conceived" in our center using sperm taken by electroejaculation.
• In 2002 we reported successful prevention and outpatient management of OHSS, using methylprednizolone (Medrol)
A detailed report of a new therapeutic model for OHSS prevention has been published in Fertility Sterility (the official journal of American Society for Reproductive Medicine)
See the publication
• The individualization of new stimulation protocols is related with statistically higher pregnancy rates
In more detail: in our Unit, initiation of antagonist administration is decided according to individualized criteria and is associated with statistically higher pregnancy rates.
Our study was published in Human Reproduction, official journal of ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology).
See the publication
• Identification of rare hysteroscopic findings (osseous metaplasia) which are related to unexplained infertility
Less than 200 cases have been reported in the international literature, and its diagnosis can be often omitted. A relevant study of our team has been published in the FertilitySterility journal.
See the publication
• Laparoscopic surgery with CO2 Laser is routine practice and can rescue the ovarian tissue in cases of endometriosis. Our relevant abstract:
Treatment of peritoneal and ovarian endometriosis by using CO2Laser with or without "swiftlase".
T. Lainas, G. Petsas, I. Stathopoulos, N. Bournas, S. Eliadis
4th Congress of the European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy, Brussels, Belgium, 6-9 Dec. 1995.